Tuesday, March 18, 2014

26 weeks and 4 days

 
At 26 weeks, Oliver can open his eyes and look around!  Not that there is much to see... He is also growing hair.  I didn't have any clever ideas for this week's chalkboard so I let Penelope do it and I was surprised how much fun she had with it.  I'll need to make her a chalkboard for her room.  I bought more chalk and can't wait to test out the new colors in a few weeks.  I think my board may need a fresh coat of paint, too.

What a busy last couple of weeks.  My sister came to visit and just on Saturday and my parents arrived two days ago.  My sister had such problems with her flight out of here that she ended up staying and extra 3 days.  We did do some fun things though, like going to an indoor inflatable play area place and a swimming pool.



We have spent the last week moving and will have our final inspection either tomorrow or the day after at our old house.  Moving three houses down was really a blessing.  We still loaded up the car, so we didn't have to carry everything box by box, but it made it so much easier.  We didn't need to rent a moving truck and actually didn't need our friends for help either.  I packed a lot of boxes and Josh and my sister did the heavy lifting.  Josh did rent a dolly for the washer and dryer though, then he just walked them down the street.  I really like our new house despite the fact that there is nowhere to put our trashcan in the kitchen and I lost 4-5 large cabinets and 2 small ones. Oliver's room is tiny, about half the size of Penelope's. I decided to use my old dresser for him and double it as a changing table. It's very large but will be easier than trying to get a crib, changing table and dresser in the room.  Any sort of rocking chair or glider is out of the question.  We most likely aren't going to paint at this house.  At our first house on this base, we lived there for two years and painted the living room/dining room, the front hallway and Penelope's room.  At the house we just left, we were there for one year and only painted Penelope's room.  (We have to paint everything back when we leave)  We want to get orders to another base so we don't know how long we will be in this house.  If I knew we'd be here for 3 more years, I'd cry, then I'd paint.  The military leaves a lot of unknowns. 



The house is wheelchair assessable so the hallways and bathrooms are bigger which is wonderful except that we are having a real probably with baby gates.  There are also no door knobs.  All the handles are the kind that you just have to push down to open.  And Penelope can open every door in the house.  We had to put a baby gate at the top of the basement stairs.  The only door she can't open is the front door.  I don't know if they make any sort of baby proofing for those kind of door handles.  Once in a while I'll hear her yelling and she's "trapped" in our closet with the lights off.  Luckily, she's not scared.  She's just asking for help because as soon as I open the door, she laughs and closes it again.  So we are almost done unpacking.  Just have curtains and picture frames to hang up along with a few diaper boxes of random things that I think we need but have nowhere to put. 

My parents will be here for about a week and we are planning a trip to Hobby Lobby since I have a gift card and want picture frames and fabric for Oliver's room.  We also plan to go to the zoo.  Josh doesn't like the zoo.  I think last time spoiled it for him because it was raining almost the whole time, was super crowded and Penelope was a little too young to enjoy it.  So Josh is happy that we are going with my parents and I think Penelope will enjoy it a lot more because last time she was about 9 months old and will be 17 this time around. 



How far along? 26 weeks and 4 days
Maternity clothes? Yes.  I ordered one of those "belly button bands" last week so I could still wear my regular jeans even though I can't button them anymore but it's not here yet.  Last night we decided to go out to dinner last minute but all of my maternity jeans were in the dryer.  Josh told me to try on some of my regular jeans and see how far off the button was.  I decided to put on my size 5 skinny, jegging jeans.  Probably not the best choice.  Couldn't button them, obviously.  Josh then cut up a pair of his old jeans to make me an extender.  Now this wouldn't have worked if my shirt wasn't as long as it was.  But it was sweet and it worked.
Best moment this week: Visits from my sister and parents
Miss Anything?  Being able to walk and sleep without pain
Movement: He is still moving.  Mostly in the morning and at night.  
Food cravings: homemade cookies
Sleep: Sleeping on my side hurts my hips.  But I can't sleep on my back or stomach.  Getting up in the morning is really painful.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I was very sick twice last week, but I have no idea what brought it on.
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: A little mister!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Far out! Seriously thinking I'll have a permanent outie after all this.  
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: I'll be in my third trimester next week!  Getting very excited to meet him and have a newborn again.  I guess I have Penelope to thank for keeping me on an infant sleep schedule.  I also can't wait to be back to a normal size.   

No comments:

Post a Comment