Wednesday, May 20, 2015

11 months

 

 
 
Well, he has a double ear infection so the last week or so has not been fun.  Two nights in a row, he woke up with his eyes gunked up and unable to open them so he was freaking out and I had to wipe them with a warm wash cloth.  He and Penelope both have a bad cough.  Penelope has an ear infection on the left side.  He was coughing so bad last night that he ended up spitting up 3 times.  The milk wasn't even digested yet.  I could have just put it back in a bottle.  Hahaha, just kidding.  The first night that he was sick, he literally slept for 3 hours that night.  Around 4:45, I came upstairs to let him play or crawl around or something.  At 5:30 my mom got up and asked if I needed help.  I gladly handed him over.  He cried for her for about an hour I think. And by cry, I mean scream. I was in and out of sleep on the couch.  He was just sooo tired and sooo hungry but didn't want anything to do with either.  Then I took him back and he thankfully ate and we both slept for an hour or so.  I remember thinking at like 3 in the morning when I was bouncing him around while he was screaming that I never want to have another baby.  That sounds so bad but I'm sure many people with think that after being sleep deprived and with a headache.  He is also cutting two teeth.  He's taking amoxicillin and has eye drops.  His eyes are great now, but his cough is awful.  The doctor said his lungs sound good, so I guess we will just have to wait for this to pass.
 
 
He is a walking machine now.  He took his first real steps on May 1, and now he is basically a pro.  He can walk fast and change directions and walk over things.  It's still pretty exciting. 
 
He also learned how to clap and raise both of his hands when he is happy.  He loves waving and always waves when he leaves the room.  It's so cute to see him wave goodbye to Penelope at naptime and when I pick him up to take him downstairs to feed him he's like, "Later, guys!"
 
 
He gets mad at things now.  Like if he is going for a cup and we move it or if  Penelope takes a toy from him.  He will start crying and look at me to fix it.  Those two fight over Penelope's chair all day.  He will try to climb in it while she's sitting there or if it's open, he will make a dash for it and Penelope will come running and steal it back.  That's devastating for him.  He's getting one for his birthday.
 
 
 
We took him and Penelope to see Sesame Street Live.  Penelope was totally into it.  Oliver was interested for about 15 minutes then he got really wiggly.  I brought a bottle with me, but he sucked it down immediately.  I spent most of my time trying to hold him still, luckily, he wasn't screaming.  After the intermission, I was able to discretely feed him at our seats and he fell asleep.  Then there was a really loud noise at the end where they shot our streamers.  He woke up unhappy.  But who wouldn't?
 
 
 
Today I have been working on planning out his birthday party next month.  I'm super excited for it and hope we have a nice turnout and nice weather. 
 
 
Weight: 22 pounds
Height: ?
Size Clothes: 12-18 months
Size Diapers: 4
Sleeping Habits: Wakes up about twice a night.  Two naps a day.
Eating Habits: Still breastfeeding and working on introducing more table foods.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment