Tuesday, September 18, 2012

35 weeks 2 days


Penelope wakes up with me in the mornings.  I love that.  As soon as I wake up and start moving around in bed, she starts stretching.  Sometimes when I get up in the middle of the night and she starts moving around I'm like, no, go back to sleep, it's not time to wake up yet. I can't believe she is 5 or 6 pounds right now.  I remember when she hit the 1 pound mark and I thought that was crazy.  At my check up a few days ago, I learned what position she is in.  Head down, butt is by my right rib cage and feet and hands on the left side of my belly button.  My mid wife said if she wants to make her appearance next week, they would feel comfortable delivering her. But this week, they would still try to stop the labor.  But I have a feeling she will pass her due date.  Probably because I feel like I have been prego forever and she will never get here.  I had a dream the other night that I gave birth to her and her first words were I love you. <3 So I gave birth to her and she was already able to talk.  I asked her how old she was and she said her first birthday would be November 1st.  And she had big blue eyes.  So to me, that dream says that I feel like I have been pregnant forever since I give birth to a baby who can carry on full conversations. haha.

New pregnancy symptoms...PUPPP (pruritic uticarial papules and plagues of pregnancy) basically it is a red itchy rash.  I only have it on my feet and it's not that bad but still annoying.  I also got a few stretch marks on my lower belly in the last week.  Which makes me mad because I have only gained 3 pounds in the last 5 weeks (so it's not from excessive weight gain) and I have been using a lot of lotions to keep my skin stretchy.  So I guess I have accepted it since I did all I could to prevent it and it is common during pregnancy.  So I have been using Bella B's Stretch Mark Fading Cream. (not cheap)   I think it's working.  I read it is easiest to get rid of stretch marks when they first appear so I'm being very diligent about it.  I'm really looking forward to getting back in shape after Penelope gets here.  And having a glass of Arbor Mist   ; )
   


Things I still need:   baby monitor, clothes hamper, base for car seat (just waiting to get it), milk storage bags and one of those floor mats where they lay on their back and play.  And I need to actually figure out how my breast pump works.  And how the Diaper Genie works.  My brother gave us one so it didn't come with directions or anything.  I haven't looked at it too closely though.  There are still more things that I would like to have before she gets here.  Like more sleepers with zippers or gowns and cute baby leggings, but I can live without that.  I can still send Josh out to buy some things after she is here and I see what I actually need.  Oh! and I need to get one of those plastic upright storage bins with drawers.  I think I'm going to use that for socks and shoes and other whatnots. Since I don't know where to put them.  Starting to realize how small the nursery actually is.  I have a 4 drawer dresser that I planned to use one drawer for newborn clothes, then 0-3, 3-6 and 6+.  But I guess I could store the bigger clothes in a tub then rotate them in and out as she grows. Also have to clear out the closet, which is filled with 3 large suitcases and all my dresses to make room for tons of diapers.  Still have to reorganize the kitchen cabinets to make room for bottles and nipples.  I'm more just thinking out loud and making a list for myself than informing everyone because I'm sure most of you don't care that much, lol.  It's ok.  I understand. 

Josh was going to deploy for 6 month when Penelope was only going to be 2 months old. But his deployment was cancelled. Because of OPSEC (operational security) I can't talk about the details of it. But, I have mixed feelings about it. When he first told me he was leaving, I almost expected it because I knew when his deployment window was. Then I got to the point of accepting it and making plans for when he would be gone, like going back to Ohio for a bit with Penelope and basically figuring out how to be a single mom for 6 months. And Josh has been itching to deploy for 3 years but has always missed his window from us moving. Plus, deployment pays pretty well and we would be able to pay off his truck and get a new vehicle for me. Josh was upset when he found out it was cancelled, so I felt bad for him. BUT it is great that he is not leaving! Him going to Alaska for 3 weeks last month was bad enough. I can't imagine 6 months without him. He would miss so much of Penelope growing up. There is a huge change from 2 to 8 months in a baby. And the area that he was deploying to was getting increasingly dangerous which made me nervous even though he was going on a non-combat mission. So I feel bad that he can't go on his little adventure that he has been wanting, and I can learn to live with my 13 year old Jeep for a little while longer so we can keep our little family together and safe as long as possible.

I still plan on dedicating a post just to the nursery, but I have yet to finish it and a post dedicated to my baby showers so everyone will be able to see the pictures.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

How far along? 35 weeks
Maternity clothes? that's all I wear
Sleep: it's hard to roll over 
Best moment this week: being back in our own home and getting the nursery together
Miss Anything? feeling healthy instead of weak and fat
Movement: a lot!
Food cravings: orange juice and mac & cheese
Anything making you queasy or sick: the smell of cigar smoke or black and milds
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: girly girl
Labor Signs: some braxton hicks
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, getting anxious for her to be here!
Looking forward to: my missouri baby shower on saturday and also looking forward to our bundles for babies infant care class and birthing and labor classes.

2 comments:

  1. Love your dream and glad you now know what that rash is. I never heard of that! You look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it kind of stinks about the deployment, but I would give ANYTHING for my brother to not get deployed in December. I am a nervous wreck about it. Good luck with your to-do/to-buy list. 35 days will pass before you know it!

    ReplyDelete