Wednesday, February 20, 2013

4 months old





I just spend 2 hours typing this post and nothing saved then the internet closed down.  Ahhh!  Let's try this again....


Penelope is 4 months old already!  Time flies.  Can't believe next month will be 5 months.  I wonder what she will learn to do between now and then. 

She is rolling over all the time now.  She has a tendency of spitting up when she is on her belly so we have to watch her is she is on the ground playing because she will roll over, spit up and rub her head in it.  Yuck. 

She is still teething and chewing on everything that comes near her, but no teeth yet!  When we get back to Missouri she will have her 4 month doctors appointment and I'm hoping they will say she can start on cereal and when she can have baby food.  I'm really excited for that.  My sister was eating and apple and put a piece in her mouth for a second and Penelope was so confused.  She kept sucking on her lip, the bottom of her lip, the top and side.  She is going to be so confused when she gets her first spoonful of real baby food. 

She has given up her pacifier.  Probably because she is teething, and that's a real bummer.  I would only give it to her when she was tired and it would put her to sleep.  When she fell asleep, she would spit it out.  Now it's a nightmare to get her to sleep.  She will scream and scream and you have to walk her around, sing and rock her.  The more she screams, the closer she is to sleep.  She could be screaming her head off for 15 minutes then just pass out.  During the day she will sleep 30-60 minutes.  She is still a night owl though.  She will not go to sleep before 11pm.  Then she will wake up about 7am, eat and take a 2-3 hour nap.  Once she is asleep, I will put her in her rocker.  When we get back home, I will try putting her in her big girl crib in her own room. Right now the rocker is next to our bed.

She smiles and laughs a lot more.  I feel like she will be crawling soon because she is always trying to and gets frusrated when she doesn't get anywhere.  She also loves to sit up and stand up. My mom bought her one of those bouncy activity sets.  She loves it because she can stand or sit on her own and she is learning how to play with things.  It's nice that she can entertain herself now.  Her favorite toys are her phone rattle, a plush cow we named Phillip and her Sofie the giraffe chewing toy.  The giraffe is nice because with all the legs and the neck, it is easy for her to hold.



Update for Penelope's parents:
Josh just got back a few days ago and we were all happy to see each other.  But her still won't change poopy diapers.  I gained about twice as much as I should have during pregnancy and I'm only 7 pounds away from my pre-prego weight.  Can't wait to fully fit into my old clothes.  I workout everyday and try to eat only 1000 calories but sometimes I get hungry.  I'll start working at the golf course soon.  No day care for us though.  We will have to go around daddy's schedule.

See you all next month!


(Having trouble getting the video to load so it's on my Facebook page)


No comments:

Post a Comment