Monday, March 18, 2013

5 months old

 
This month has gone by so quickly that I can hardly remember what is different from last month.  For starters, she is mobile now.  Not crawling, but will be in no time.  You put a toy a few feet in front of her and she will pull herself towards it.  Gotta start baby proofing the house.
 
So that is the big news this month, her scooting around.  Other than that, I think all is about the same so this post will be boring. Oh wait!  She eats baby food now.  I have been looking forward to giving her baby food for months!  I was told to wait a week before introducing a new food to her so if she has a reaction to it, I'll know what it is.  So far she has has carrots and squash.  Green beans are next.  Going to wait a while on the fruit.  I bought a baby food maker and cookbook but haven't started using it yet because I bought canned baby food while I was waiting for it to arrive and I want to use that up first.  The cookbook I bought it crazy though.  It shows how to make a whole Thanksgiving dinner for a baby in a 4 ounce jar.  I mean, I'm sure I could figure it out but there are over 200 recipes.  It's pretty cool.
 
I'm not sure what happened last night, but she did not want to sleep.  At 10 pm she was getting tired so I walked her around the house and sung to her.  It took her 35 minutes to fall asleep.  She was fighting it the whole time.  I put her in her rocker and went to bed.  She woke up an hour later.  I grabbed her and tried to get her back to sleep but she wasn't having it so I gave her a bottle and took her back to bed with me.  She couldn't get comfortable for like, 5 hours.  She was tossing and turning and wiggling all night.  So then she work up at 5 am.  I gave her a bottle and we fell asleep on the couch.  The she woke up at 6:30!  I had no idea what she wanted because it was too soon to feed her again.  I walked her and she screamed, I changed her diaper and she fell asleep 30 minutes later.  I don't know if she woke up because she had a wet diaper, but that has never woken her up before.  Then she slept until 9:30 am.  It has been a long time since I've had to get up with her three times during the night.  Hopefully she sleeps better today.
 
I have gone back to work.  So far, only on Saturday and Sunday so Josh can watch her.  I don't really want to work too much during the week because even though I found a sitter at a great price, it doesn't pay that much with you factor that in.  But I like working at the golf course.  It's nice to get out of the house and talk to adults.  I swear I talk to Penelope more than anyone else.  Plus, work gossip is always entertaining. 
 
 
Penelope is getting fussy now and I've got a lot to do tonight so see you all next month for 6 month.  Oh gosh, six months.....

No comments:

Post a Comment