Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Our July

Oliver is almost 4 weeks old and Penelope is almost 21 months now.  I would like to say that we are settling into a schedule by now, but I don't know if I can say that yet.  I have an idea of what I would like to happen in terms of a schedule, but that rarely happens.  Penelope's sleeping has been off.  She has been staying up too late and wanting to nap later.  So when I wake up at 9:30, I have to get her out of bed. Then she doesn't want to nap until after 1.... but we are working on that.  Oliver goes to sleep between 9pm and 12am.  But usually sleeps until 4 or 6 am.  Which I love.  He almost always wakes up between 7 and 8am.  By 9:30, one of us gets up.  Then he cluster feeds all morning, going in and out of sleep.  Usually he naps around noon or so and another nap in the evening.  That's just how it's been this week.  I feel like I can't remember anything before then.

Enjoying some of Grandma's birthday cake.
Forth of July!
She started swim lessons with Daddy 4 days a week.  Some days she is into it and other days, she wants to do her own thing.  It's very simple though.  The instructor will tell them to blow bubbles and that goes on for 5 minutes, then tells them to blow bubbles and kick their feet for another 5 minutes... It is for ages 6 months to 3 years.  I don't think I'll be signing her up next year.  She is very comfortable in the water, so she's not really getting anything out of it.  Plus, my parents have a pool so she can do the same thing at home.

Passed out after swim
Almost on a whim, we decided to go to a Cleveland Indian's game.  I wanted to sit as high up in the stadium as possible (we were in the last row!)  So Penelope wouldn't bother as many people and I could nurse Oliver without a bunch of people looking.  It was still pretty crowded because we were playing the Yankees and it was Derek Jeter's last game at Progressive Field.  I knew it was going to be risky since it was a night game.  Almost as soon as we took our seats, Penelope peed though her diaper onto Aunt Faith's lap.  She was in the diaper for the 3 hours, so we were kind of surprised.  I didn't have a change of pants, only a shirt.  So my mom took her to the bathroom to change her and had to put her shorts back on her.  She sat on top of a changing pad for the next hour while her shorts dried a little.  She was antsy the whole game.  Luckily, there was a walkway behind us, so she could get up and move around.  She started to have a lot of fun when the Tribe hit a home run and the fireworks went off.  She loved yelling and clapping and waving around her rally towel.  Oliver did very well and only got fussy once.  He slept most of the game. We changed his diaper on my sister's lap.  I didn't want to go down all those stairs just to change him.  After the game was over, I went to the bathroom, but decided to change Penelope's diaper in the car since there was no changing table, and it was very crowded.  While we leaving the stadium, she peed through her diaper again!  I have no idea why.  She has went longer between changes without a problem.  We finally got to the car and battled Cleveland traffic while both of the kids, thankfully, slept all the way home.

Trying to get the kids to sleep.
Penelope crawled on my back with I was doing yoga.

Asking for me to help her put her shoes on Brother.
In ten days, we take off for North Carolina!  I hate long car rides (it's 11 hours), so I wonder how this will go.  But the beach will be a lot of fun for Penelope (and me!)  It's a family vacation, so the kids will get to spend a lot of time with their aunts, uncle and cousins.  And Grandma and Grandpa. I will have to do a post just on that after we get back.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment