Thursday, August 21, 2014

2 months old

 

 
 
I couldn't pick a favorite and Penelope was dying to get a picture taken in her chair too. 

It's been a while since I've gone a month between blog posts.  We've been pretty busy around here lately.  And also, not busy at all. 

After we got back from our vacation to Carolina Beach, Josh and I started looking into college classes.  I decided not to take any because I don't want to pay for it out of pocket since I'm not going full-time.  And there's still the whole, 'I don't know what to major in' thing.  Josh, however, is going full-time and starts next week.  My sister is moving out in a few days for college, so it's definitely back to school season over here.



So, Oliver is two months old.  He is staying awake more now.  The other day, he didn't want to sleep at all, but luckily, he was a happy baby.  I don't know how he did it.  He is still eating every 2 hours.  At night, he wakes up twice.  I need to get him going to bed earlier.  It's anywhere from 9-12am.  He usually wakes up around 3 or 4 am and once more before 8 or 9 when Penelope gets up.  My goal for him this month is to get him to sleep flat on his back.  He sleeps in his swing and rock n play, which are both curved.  When we do lay him down in a crib, he doesn't sleep very long. 



At his wellness check-up yesterday, he got 3 shots.  He cried and then fell asleep.  About 3 or 4 hours later, he was so upset.  Of course this happened when we were at a restaurant.  He was screaming and could not be calmed down.  I took him outside for a while, then I gave him to my mom after she was done eating so I could eat.  Poor thing.  He was fussy most of the night.  Penelope never seemed upset after her shots for more than ten minutes. He woke up at 11pm, right as I was heading to bed.  I fed him, and he kept falling asleep, but waking up when I laid him down.  By midnight, I couldn't do it anymore, so I took him upstairs where my mom, sister and Josh were all still awake and I went to sleep. 



He weighs 13.7 pounds and is 23.8 inches long.  He is around the 80th percentile for both.  I'm still amazed that he's a "big boy."  I was always told that breastfed babies tend to be smaller, but he just keeps growing and isn't slowing down!  He is almost in 3-6 month clothes, but I'm going to hold off as long as possible because he has only been in exclusively 0-3 clothes for 2 or 3 weeks.  Going to get as much use out of my favorite outfits as possible.  His size 1 diapers are getting snug too.  He is pushing the limit on those.  Hopefully, I will be able to use them all before he goes to size 2.



He really doesn't like to be on his belly.  I know tummy time is important so he can work on his neck muscles, but he cries the whole time.  I think it's because he is always so gassy.  He works on his neck while he is on my chest though.  At two month, Penelope has already rolled from belly to back a few times, so I wish Oliver would be more willing to try.  Penelope was also very strong and took her first step just a week after turning nine months. 

Snapped a picture between cries.

Overall, Oliver is turning into a very happy baby and I just love watching him smile and listening to him talk.  He loves watching his big sister run around and Penelope loves holding him and trying to help any way she can.

Weight: 13.7 pounds
Height: 23.8 inches
Size Clothes:  0-3
Size Diapers: 1
Sleeping Habits: Still wakes up twice a night.
Eating Habits: Every 2 hours for 30 minutes.
 
 
 
Come here, Penelope. We haven't taken a bathroom selfie in a while ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment