Tuesday, January 20, 2015

7 months




I almost forgot that today Oliver is 7 months old today since we have been so busy.



Last night I went to a concert with my sister and left him and Penelope for 10 hours and it was really hard to leave, especially Oliver.  That's the longest I've been away from him.  But he did ok.  Josh watched them and my mom helped out.  They said there was only one time he was crying because he just wanted his mommy.



He seems to be very clingy lately.  He doesn't like to sit next to me.  He is always grabbing at my arms to hold him.  Heaven forbid that I leave the room!  He can even pull himself to standing up.  But I've only seen him do it against me.  He says "mama" now!  It's adorable.



He has outgrown his baby bath sling and likes to take normal baths, but he's at the stage where I have to be holding his arm at all times. He sits on a bathmat so he doesn't slip around but I'm afraid he is going to reach forward for a toy and fall forward.  He splashes a lot and Penelope loves taking a bath with him too.



Both of the kids have had a rash for the last couple weeks.  His was mostly on his back and hers was on her booty and legs.  I couldn't figure it out since we didn't switch detergent or soaps.  Penelope wears underwear now so I didn't think it could be a diaper rash.  Yesterday I took them into the doctor to get it checked out.  Turns out it's eczema.  Oliver's is basically going away on its own but Penelope had to get a few prescriptions since hers is worst.  I was happy to finally know what it was and that I wasn't crazy.  For about a week I was on Google trying to figure out what it was and what caused it and debating if I should take them in.



He is big enough for his walker now and learning how he can move around in it.  He will walk (and run) if you hold onto his hands.  We keep saying that he is going to skip the crawling part and just start walking.

Weight: 21 pounds
Height: ?
Size Clothes: 9 months
Size Diapers: 4
Sleeping Habits: Sleeping longer at night and waking up for shorter periods
Eating Habits: Still breastfeeding and eats a jar of baby food about twice a day.

1 comment:

  1. OMG what a cutie!!! And such a huge smile!! *heart = melted*

    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a fellow blogger, and just wanted to stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same.. or better yet, keep in touch! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete