Tuesday, March 13, 2012

8 weeks and 1 day

I can't believe I am starting to get a baby bump already! I just noticed it yesterday when I was exactly 8 weeks along.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I have always had a very flat stomach no matter what I eat, so my small bump makes me feel huge.  I don't think I look pregnant yet, just like I'm eatting too much, which makes me self-contious.  I don't want people to think I'm chubby, but I don't want people to think I'm pregnant because we are going to wait another 2-4 weeks to make the big announcement.  Right now just our moms know about it. Oh, and Josh's boss and my supervisor.  We are keeping it hush-hush. Right now baby is the size of a large raspberry but will be as big as a grapefruit in about 4 weeks.




I took a pregnancy test when I was very early along.  The begining of February I took one that was iffy.  A very faded, yet visible second line.  I didn't think anything of it.  Then I started to get cramps so I took another one a week later and it was very positive!  I went to the clinic two days later to get a blood test to confirm the pregnancy and get prenatals.  I set up my first prenatal doctors visit for 2 weeks later.  The doctor said, based on my records, I was 13 weeks along.  I wish.  I was guessing somewhere between 5-7 weeks.  She looked for a heartbeat but couldn't find one.  I wasn't surprised because I thought I was very early along.  She set up an ultra sound for 2 days later.  I will have to put a picture of that on here.... but based on the size of the baby, I was 6 weeks and 3 days along with a due date of October 22, 2012!  So now I'm just waiting until my next appointment in about 2 weeks. 

How is pregnancy treating me?  I have morning sickness which is awful because in the morning there is nothing in my stomach to get rid of.  I now keep animal crackers on my nightstand and eat a few of those before I get up so I don't feel so queasy.  And if I am sick, I don't run to the bathroom. For whatever reason, the thought of being that close to the toilet now grosses me out.  I go to the kitchen sick.  But usually I am already in the kitchen when I start to feel sick.  Other than that, I get headaches and feel dizzy when I have to stand for a long time at work.  I told the girl who is training me that I'm pregnant so she is understanding.  My lower back also kills.  Haven't found a way to crack it, but then again I don't know if I should be doing that.  Sometimes it cracks on its own when I stand up.   

So I quit smoking after about 5 or 6 years.  I gave myself a week to quit after I found out I was pregnant.  I did a lot of research on it.  Some women had healthy babies who smoked the whole time.  Some doctors recommended slowly stopping, (not cold turkey) as to not shock the baby.  Some said quit right away.  I felt guilty when I was smoking, knowing I was 4 weeks along and key organs were developing.  I really thought it was going to be a lot harder to quit.  I went from smoking a pack a day to 4 in one day.  For the next week I smoked anywhere from 4 to 1 cigarettes a day then stopped all together.  It wasn't fun but I knew I has no choice.  The way some people talk about quitting made me think it was going to be impossible but once you know you have to stop, it's really not that hard.  It's been over 3 weeks now since I've had a cigarette.

Josh is sooo set on having a boy.  We have a boy name picked out already and have had for weeks.  No idea for a girls name though.  I told him it might be a girl so I don't want him to be disappointed if it is.  He just feels responsible for carrying on the Parrish name. 

That's about it so far! I almost went out to buy some cute baby clothes today but I resisted.  It's soooo hard to keep this pregnancy a secret, even for another month or so.  So many girls I know are pregnant and I want to join in the conversation but for now I just have to act like I don't know what they are talking about.  Oh well, soon enough....

This is how I looked at 6 weeks with no baby bump.  Thought I should have a "before" picture.



Borrowed this from my friend Leslie who is about 2 weeks behind me!
How far along? 8 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: I hope not much
Maternity clothes? none yet
Stretch marks? applying the cocoa butter to avoid that!
Sleep: don't like sleeping on my belly anymore. i wake up starving and with a bursting bladder
Best moment this week: noticing I'm starting to get a belly
Miss Anything? red bull!!!!
Movement: none
Food cravings: grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, hot dogs
Anything making you queasy or sick: the morning
Have you started to show yet: i dont think anyone will notice yet
Gender prediction: josh wants a boy so bad.  so i guess boy.
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy, 2 weeks ago I was so moody
Looking forward to: next appt on march 27!

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo don't keep me waiting, what's the boys name you have picked out?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent decided if i want to announce it

    ReplyDelete