Saturday, May 24, 2014

36 weeks and 1 day

I've been MIA for a while, but can you blame me?  Moving 700 miles takes a lot of work, especially in your third trimester. I intended on putting up a post my last day in Missouri, but we were all so busy. 

Let's see if I can remember everything that's happened in the last two weeks....

So my mom flew out to Missouri on the Thursday before we left and she helped do some more packing and last minute running around.  My mom, Penelope, Reaver (our dog) and I left on Saturday afternoon, leaving Josh and our cat, Annie, behind. We drove about six hours before stopping for the night.  That Sunday was Mother's Day and we drove 5 more hours to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Ohio.  Of course it took much longer than 5 hours with all the stopping.  Penelope did surprisingly well.  Especially on Sunday.  She slept most of the way. 

 Right before leaving
It was a long trip

Mother's Day, about to leave the hotel

My left lower back has been very painful ever since the ride home.  Hoping that giving birth will correct everything. My hips have also been worst than ever.  I don't know if that's from the car trip or just that Oliver is getting bigger.  I hobble around all the time like a little old lady.  Getting out of bed in the morning is very, very, painful.  It really sucks when I wake up in the middle of the night with a full bladder and have to spend 5 minutes figuring out how to get out of bed.  My doctor said I can take OTC pain medicine.  I'm allowed to take 1000 mg of acetaminophen every 6 or 8 hours, but that honestly doesn't seem to make a difference.  Some days are worst than others.  I feel like I have basically put myself on bed rest.  I know that childbirth and recovery are painful, but I don't think it will be much worst than right now.  Hopefully about a week after he's here, I'll be back to normal.  With Penelope, I didn't have an epidural and was really proud of myself.  But I don't really see how I could do that this time.  Heck, I want an epidural right now!   Ok, enough complaining for now.

So we got home on a Sunday and Josh arrived on Thursday.  His friend flew out to help him finish up and ride with him on the way back.  Josh drove a 26 foot Uhaul that was pulling a trailer with my Jeep on it.  Our cat was "drugged" and out of it for the ride home.  She has basically been living in the basement ever since she got here. We open the door for her to come up when Penelope is sleeping. She just doesn't get along with my parents cat.  But their cat is mostly outside anyways.

I think the hardest part of the move so far is moving into another family's house.  It's my mom, dad and sister and they all have a place for their things so it's hard to tell them to move their stuff somewhere else to make room for ours.  It will be even worst when Oliver arrives.  We still have boxes to unpack and things to rearrange.  I'm not done setting up Oliver's "area" yet.  I really need to get on that though.  Penelope is sleeping on the second floor in the spare room and Josh and I are in the basement and that's where Oliver will be.  Probably until we move out. I'm very excited to buy a house! 

The best part about moving home is Penelope sleeping! Last time we were in Ohio, she was turning one and now she is 19 months.  She slept though the night for two weeks and when we went back to Missouri, she didn't sleep through the night anymore.  As soon as we got back to Ohio, she sleeps through the night.  I don't understand it. But love it.  She also went from 45-90 minute naps to 2-3 hour naps.  Finally! But I keep forgetting to give her lunch before her naps since she sleeps so long.  Now when she wakes up, it's like 2 or 3 pm and I'm rushing to get her lunch because I figure she's starving. But I guess she doesn't need lunch at 1130 when she has breakfast at 930 or so.

Other than that, I've been setting up new bank account, finding a new OB, taking a tour of the hospital... yada yada yada.  We got to meet Rylan who is six months old now.  He was born about ten days after we left Ohio the last time.  He is Josh's middle sister's baby.  And just three days ago, Josh's oldest sister had a baby boy named Maverick.  It was so weird to hold a newborn again.  I can't believe how little (and light) they are.  It makes me so excited for Oliver to be here.  Seems like he's been cooking forever.  Today Josh's little sister is graduating high school and shortly after, heading to BMT for the Air Force.  Lots of big changes going on in the family.

Meeting cousin Rylan for the first time.

At cousin Nolan's birthday party. Grandpa Parrish in the back.

Off to church!
Meeting cousin Maverick

How far along? 36 weeks and 1 day
Maternity clothes? That's all I wear besides dresses 
Best moment this week: Getting to meet my new nephew Maverick
Miss Anything?  not having a bad back and hips.
Movement:  Yes, still kicking in there.
Food cravings: Wild Cherry Pepsi. Always.
Sleep: Awful. Can't get comfortable and can't get up.
Anything making you queasy or sick: not lately
Have you started to show yet: I would say so
Gender: boyyyyy
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks, especially if I stand or walk around too much.
Belly Button in or out? Far out! Seriously thinking I'll have a permanent outie after all this.  
Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing Josh's band, but getting tight. I may return it soon
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but stressed from moving and establishing ourselves in a new town
Looking forward to: Meeting Oliver and no longer being pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing her reaction to a new baby! She'll love helping get things for Oli when he comes!