Friday, May 30, 2014

37 weeks




I'm going to try to post every week since we are getting so close to his due date!  It's surprising to me that when I pregnant with Penelope "full term" was 37 weeks and it's been changed to 39 weeks now.  It doesn't really make a difference, but I feel like it does somehow.  Like, if he is born at 37 weeks now, does that mean he is a preemie?  I think he is just putting on weight now.  His lungs should be good to go.  Penelope was born at 39 weeks and 4 days so I'm hoping Oliver will be born in the next 2 weeks instead of 3 or 4.  He is still uncomfortably high in my belly.  I wish he would drop already and give me some more breathing room.

My SPD hip and back problems are worst than ever and I'm sure I'll say the same thing next week and the week after.  I actually started to use a cane around the house, especially in the mornings.  I have an appointment on Tuesday and I'm going to bring it up.  I want to make sure it doesn't affect childbirth and it goes away quickly.  I am really looking forward to a week or so after giving birth and hopefully being rid of the pregnancy pains. 

Sleeping is the worst.  It seems as though our mattress has gotten firmer since the move. Or it's just me.  I've mentioned it before, that I can't sleep on my stomach or back so all I can do it sleep on my hips and that hurts.  Rolling over isn't easy.  Or getting up for that matter.  I slept on the couch one night and that seemed to be more comfortable.  My sister offered me her bed last night because she's house sitting.  It was really comfortable but I only ended up sleeping in it for 2 hours.  Penelope is cutting her canine teeth.  She woke up at 1 am and we slept together in a twin bed in her room until I woke up at 2 with  horrible acid reflux.  As much as I tried, I could not get her back in her crib.  She tossed and turned all night so neither of us slept well.

We have started looking at houses. Kind of.  I don't know when we actually intend to buy one though.  Josh really wants a foreclosed house.  I just want a fixer-upper.  That's probably a lot to take on with a newborn and all.  I'll look at a house and say, "Yeah, but it only has one bathroom..." and Josh will say, "There is no reason you can't add another."  So I think he is definitely willing to put a lot of working into the house, if we get it for the right price.  We found a foreclosed house that is decent and cheap, but it will be a few more months until we get serious about buying a house.

I got Penelope an adorable big sister shirt that I'll give her when Oliver is born.  I also started packing my hospital bag.  There isn't much in there though.  A blanket, hat and coming home outfit for Oliver.  It's getting hard for me to believe that he will be here so soon!





How far along? 37 weeks
Maternity clothes? That's all I wear besides dresses 
Best moment this week: organizing our new room and getting everything set for Oliver
Miss Anything?  not having a bad back and hips.
Movement:  Yes, still kicking in there.
Food cravings: Wild Cherry Pepsi. Always.
Sleep: Awful. Can't get comfortable and can't get up.
Anything making you queasy or sick: not lately
Have you started to show yet: too much
Gender: boyyyyy
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks, especially if I stand or walk around too much.
Belly Button in or out? Far out! Seriously thinking I'll have a permanent outie after all this.  
Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing Josh's band, but getting tight. I may return it soon
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but getting tired of being in pain
Looking forward to: Meeting Oliver and no longer being pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment