Friday, June 13, 2014

39 weeks

 
 
39 weeks!  I can't believe that I could go into labor at any minute!  Penelope was born at 39 weeks and 3 days and with her, I was almost 3 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced when I had my membranes swept and she was born about 36 hours later.  Two days ago, I was 3 centimeters and 70% effaced and my membranes were swept.  No signs of labor yet!  I even did quite a bit of walking yesterday.  I'm determined to have him on an even numbered day.  Penelope's birthday is 10.18.12 and Oliver's will be 6.?.14.  I just like even numbers I guess.  Like it's good luck or something.  I really need to finish my hospital bag.  Like now!  I'm still nervous to have him. I know it's not going to be fun.  I just want it to be quick.  With Penelope, I had my first contraction at 3:30 am and she was born at 9:09 am. And I'm still back and forth about the epidural.  I'm just going to see how fast it goes when I'm at the hospital.  After my mom gets off work today, she will have 2 weeks off to help.  She will probably mostly be helping with Penelope and getting jealous when I hog Oliver.  :)
 
There is an 80% chance that this is going to be the last time I give birth (if you ask Josh, it's more like 100%).  So it's really bittersweet.  If we decide not to have anymore, I'm going to be really emotional knowing this will be my last newborn.  But we will see what happens in a few years.  I'm not making any permanent decisions now.
 
Everything for Penelope's Big Sister Kit finally arrived.  Like I mentioned before, most of the ideas I found for one, were geared towards older kids.  I had to hide the package from her when it came and put her down for her nap right away, so I could dig in.  Everything I ordered was from Amazon except for the shirt, that was Target.  My friend Manda got her the super awesome book that came with the medal/necklace in the front. 
 
 
 
My sister and I took Penelope to Kingwood Center yesterday.  It used to be someone's personal property.  I don't know the whole story, but now it's open to the public and mostly just gardens and flowers.  When we went, the mansion was closed.  They are having a wedding this weekend, so that's probably why.  Penelope had fun feeding the ducks and being able to run wild.  I did not have as much fun because my feet are swollen and walking around for a long time makes them sore.  But it's a great place to get pictures!


 

 
 
 


 
 
 
 


How far along? 39 weeks!!!
Maternity clothes? Of course.  And a lot of the shirts are getting too small.  Living in sweats.
Best moment this week: My doctors appointment
Miss Anything?  excited for my first beer
Movement:  Yes, still kicking in there.
Food cravings: water water water
Sleep: I would say good for a pregnant woman
Anything making you queasy or sick: not lately
Have you started to show yet: I'm kinda hard to miss.
Gender: boyyyyy
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks, especially if I stand or walk around too much.
Belly Button in or out? Far out! Seriously thinking I'll have a permanent outie after all this.  
Wedding rings on or off? Gave Josh his band back and am wearing a ring I got out of a Diamond Candle
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, sometimes moody/emotional
Looking forward to: Meeting Oliver!  Getting labor and the actual birth over with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment