Friday, June 6, 2014

38 weeks

(lazy chalkboard week)

I really feel like he will be here soon.  Like, in a week.  Which is kind of weird to think about.  But I'm also getting tired of looking at his little clothes and bassinet and not having him here.  I talk about him like he's here.  I'll say, "He's sleeping right now.  He usually wakes up at around 10."  So I'm really ready for him to come.  I finally have everything ready.  I have all his supplies and everything is clean and set up. 

The only thing left really is to finish packing my hospital bag.  Josh keeps reminding me that if I forget something, he or my mom can run home and get it for me.  But it also is a 20-30 minute drive so I don't think they want to be making multiple trips a day.  Hopefully I will only be there for two days.  I'm only bringing a "coming home" outfit for Oliver and myself.  Not multiple outfits.  I know some people bring their own pillows and blankets and clothes and movies.  Maybe if it was for a week, but I can rough it for a few days.  After I had Penelope and was in the hospital, there were a lot of things I brought but didn't really use. Like my laptop, baby book and other forms of "entertainment."  But I was very thankful for snacks.  I wasn't a big fan of the food so I was always snacking on peanut butter m&ms.  I've seen tons of hospital bag checklists and they are ridiculous.  Like people are literally packing for a weekend getaway.  It's just more things to forget.  And then when you leave the hospital, you your husband has to make 3 trips to the car.  People go way overboard. You don't need all that stuff!  You should focus on your newborn.

I am in the process of making Penelope a big sister kit.  Everything I've seen on Pinterest or other sites are geared towards older kids.  I, of course, got her a big sister shirt.  My friend got her a big sister book that came with a medal for her to wear.  I ordered her a puzzle, sticker book and Magna Doodle.  These are to keep her busy in a boring hospital room.  She is so active, that she will be tearing up the room and whoever brings her to visit will have to be chasing her instead of seeing Oliver, IF I don't have anything to keep her busy.  The toys are supposed to arrive sometime next week.  I hope I get them in time!

My hips have been feeling a lot better and I'm not walking around with a cane anymore!  It was my bed.  And I'm surprised a bad mattress can leave me in pain for the entire day.  We splurged on a memory foam topper and it is really great.  It's still not easy getting up after I have been sitting or laying down for a few hours.  But I am not in pain for the whole day.  Wish we would have thought about this sooner. 

I had a doctors appointment on Tuesday.  I was 1 centimeter dilated, 75% effaced and Oliver's head was in a -2 station.  She said his head was pretty low and that I was "favorable" haha.  I'm hoping that means a smooth labor. My next appointment is on Wednesday and I'm excited to see how much things have progressed and also get my membranes stripped.  I did the same with Penelope and she was born less than 2 days later.  My doctor said they can induce me at 39 weeks if I just can't take it anymore.  But who wants to be induced?  No thanks, he will be here soon enough. 

Wonder if my next post will be a 39 week chalkboard or a beautiful newborn face :)




How far along? 38 weeks
Maternity clothes? That's all I wear besides dresses. And even some of my maternity clothes are getting too small
Best moment this week: My doctors appointment
Miss Anything?  red bull
Movement:  Yes, still kicking in there.
Food cravings: Wild Cherry Pepsi. Always.
Sleep: Finally good! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: not lately
Have you started to show yet: too much
Gender: boyyyyy
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks, especially if I stand or walk around too much.
Belly Button in or out? Far out! Seriously thinking I'll have a permanent outie after all this.  
Wedding rings on or off? Gave Josh his band back and am wearing a ring I got out of a Diamond Candle
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, sometimes moody/emotional
Looking forward to: Meeting Oliver and no longer being pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment