Tuesday, October 9, 2012

38 weeks and 2 days

A mini watermelon I'm guessing


38 weeks, I can hardly believe it!  Anywhere between like a day and 3 weeks, Penelope will be here.  Thank goodness!  My belly is starting to hang out of everything, even my maternity shirts.  It's getting cold out, so hopefully I will be able to start wearing my regular long-sleeves again.  I'm not planning on fitting back into my jeans anytime soon.  No high expectations there. 

fetal development at 38 weeks illustration
 
Nothing too surprising at my appointment this morning.  My belly didn't get any bigger so the nurse said she may be dropping. =]  They also said I could get my membranes stripped next week if I wanted to jump start my labor.  I did some research online and seems like after they are stripped you can go into labor in as little as 6 hours or it won't work at all.  Seriously considering it.  Josh and I already started to talk about natural ways to jump start labor, like caster oil.  I said that I heard it was pretty gross but he said he would do it with me if I did.  He is so sweet.  Not going to start trying things until I get closer to the 22nd, or after.  This month I also gave up caring about my weight so it would be great for her to get here so I can start losing it instead of gaining it.  It's really crazy how easy I gain weight while I'm pregnant, but I was not like that at all before.  My diet hasn't changed that much.

 
Remember this picture? (Pubic Symphysis Diastasis). It's becoming very painful.  Especially in the morning when I first wake up or when I've been sitting for a while.  When I am on the couch and trying to move around, I sometimes push off with my legs.  It almost feels like my bone is going to snap it hurts so bad.  It's hard to even stand on one foot to put my pants on.  I hope it doesn't get worst as she gains more weight, but it probably will.  That's the only thing that is really bothering me right now.  Other than the giant belly that runs into everything and prevents me from bending over without grunting. 
 
A few days ago there was a group of women doing car seat inspections on base to make sure you installed them correctly and everything.  We took the car seat my mom had bought for us and one given to us.  The one given to us had expired so they gave us a new one.  That was pretty cool since we just traded it.  They said it was state funded so whatever.  They were really excited about the car seat my mom bought for us.  It is a really nice car seat and will last a long time.  I'm keeping that one in my Jeep and we are putting the free one in Josh truck.  I have to keep it on the passanger side because I have move the front seats up so much so it fits.  The women were driving Josh nuts though.  I think because they said we needed either a rolled up towel or foam noodle under the front to keep it secure and Josh put a towel under it and they said they needed a noodle. I don't know. Plus they didn't really inspect it as much as they just wanted the expiration date off of it.   
 
     Safety 1st Chart 65
 
Last week we had our first labor and delivery class at the hospital.  Josh came home the day before and said he had to work from 2-10pm that night so he wouldn't be able to go.  I was so upset and didn't want to go by myself.  I did cry about it a little since I'm an over-emotional pregnant lady.  But the next morning he found someone willing to cover part of his shift so he could go with me!  I'm so glad because we got a tour of the hospital and everything.  It was very informative and we learned a lot.  Next class is tomorrow and they said we are going to play with forceps and other birthing tools.  Fun stuff. 
 
We made our final Target trip so I now officially have everything I need!  Well, almost everything.  Someone gave me a diaper pail and hopefully my mom will have it in her possession when she comes down in 2 weeks.  I'm so close to having everything ready.  I could be all done in a day if I wanted but I don't work that fast.  Tomorrow we'll see how much I get done.  Hope I get that burst of energy I keep reading about!  
 

How far along? 38 weeks
Maternity clothes? oh yeah
Sleep: counting the days to sleep on my belly!
Best moment this week: labor and delivery class last week
Miss Anything? being able to have a drink with Josh
Movement: yep
Food cravings: chicken quesadilla
Anything making you queasy or sick: the smell of cigar smoke or black and milds
Have you started to show yet: just a little...
Gender: girly girl
Labor Signs: nope!
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10.
Wedding rings on or off? on, but hard to get off
Happy or Moody most of the time: i think happy
Looking forward to: part two of labor classes


1 comment: