Tuesday, May 15, 2012

17 weeks 1 day

I like the first one, Josh told me to put up the second one, so you get two pictures this week.



Since I wasn't standing up straight, like week 16, my belly looks a lot bigger than it probably is. It looks like a HUGE difference from last week.  I haven't gained that much weight, I promise.

Baby is the size of my palm or a red onion or a baked potato or 5 1/2 inches (depending on what website you look at).  My back is hurting more than usual.  The other day I woke up and said, "I feel like my belly grew overnight!" Josh says, "That means the pregnancy is working." Haha. Yeah, he's right.  Someone reassured me that I actually have a baby bump now and am out of the awkward pregnant vs chubby stage. Thank goodness!  People are starting to notice I'm pregnant without me having to tell them, so that's fun.

So, I've determinded that I can feel baby move.  It started four days ago.  I was trying not to get excited about it.  Kinda like a tingly muscle spasm.  But after four days in a row of it coming back, I think it's baby.  This is the time I should start to feel him/her anyways.  Too early to feel from the outside.  Does anyone know when I will be able to feel it from the outside?  When I feel baby kick I try to feel it with my hand, then I start to push down and I'm like, Ah! I'm poking it! Sorry, baby.  But all I can feel is my pulse when I do that.  Baby has been moving a lot in the last few hours.  But just in the same spot.

Still not too concerned with names yet.  We probably have a boy name picked out, but not a girl name.  I feel like it's such a big deal that I don't want to rush it.  I'm trying to come up with a creative gender reveal picture but all I've seen on Pinterest is the blue/pink balloons flying out of a cardboard box, so I think that is over done a little.  I'm getting closer to a nursey theme too.  But of course my mind will change 3 more times.  Speaking of minds...

I read that research shows a woman's brain cell volume actually decreases while she is pregnant.  And it seems more so when carrying a girl.  Some days at work I swear I have no clue what I'm doing.  I get confused all the time and customers there are not very friendly when I ask them to clarify themselves.  I'm surprised that I'm doing so well in my Biology class since apparently I'm lacking brain cells.  I need to find out if my school has any sort of maternity leave...

The golf course I work at closes at the end of September or October for the season.  I don't know if I will work there up til close.  That's 8 months pregnant and consists of a lot of standing.  I want to be hired back in the spring, at least a few days a week.  I have got to work on my resume.  Being a military wife and moving a lot means some jobs I only have for a few months and my resume makes it look like I can't hold down a job.  So if I don't go back next season, that's another job I only worked at for 6 or 7 months.  I think that will be like, 4 jobs in a row. (only one of those jobs I quit because it wasn't working out. the rest, we were moving)  So yeah, I don't really want to work with a small baby, but one or two days a week won't kill me in order to have a good job application again. (The basis of this ramble is: I need to see what the maternity policy is at work so I will be able to come back instead of just quitting.)

How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds gained, at least. I only weigh myself at the doctors office once a month.  (next week)
Maternity clothes? yes
Sleep: i usually gave trouble getting comfortable. can't wait to sleep on my belly again.
Best moment this week: feeling baby move!
Miss Anything? red bull
Movement: i can feel it a little more and more each day!
Food cravings: kit kats and smoked sausage and milkshakes, oh and mcdonalds
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender prediction: boy
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy
Looking forward to: appt in a week. need to ask about vericose veins and water birth.  hopefully we will be able to schedule the ultrasound to find out the gender.  also looking forward to getting started on the nursery in 3 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I was gonna say, before I started reading, "wow you got so much bigger!" Lol.... You're so cute though! Can't wait to know what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete