Tuesday, May 22, 2012

18 weeks 1 day



Gender Predictions
Chinese Calendar- GIRL
Ring test- BOY
Online gender quiz- GIRL/BOY
Heart rate- GIRL
Cravings- GIRL/BOY
Belly- BOY
Morning sickness- GIRL
Dry Hands- BOY
Mood- GIRL
Movement- BOY
Josh- BOY
Sara- BOY?
Family and friends- 12/11

(I got the family and friends guess just from a Facebook status.)


Had our monthy check-up yesterday and the most exciting news is that we get an ultrasound on Thursday!  I am so beyond excited!  I was just telling Josh that I wanted another ultrasound soon.  It seems so strange to go a long time without seeing baby.  Last month my midwife said they will schedule an ultrasound at 20 weeks, so I was guessing sometime in early June.  Yesterday she said, we will schedule your 18/20 week ultrasound today.  So I was thinking... ohhhhh, maybe I won't have to wait til June.  Then right before we left the receptionist was calling the hospital to schedule the ultrasound and she said, "What about Thursday at 7 am?" I was shocked when she was pointing to the same week, only 3 days later.  So now I am super super excited because I just want to know!  I haven't done any baby shopping yet.  The nursery is still a guest bedroom.  Once we know I feel like we can finally get going on that sort of stuff.  We need to get working on baby names too...

I don't think I ever figured out if I really thought baby was a boy or girl.  As soon as we found out we were pregnant Josh has been talking about a boy.  So I was like, fine, I hope it's a girl then.  But he almost has me convinced that it's a boy.  For a few weeks I really thought it was a girl.  But then I went back to thinking boy.  I really don't care which it is.  It would be nice if it was a boy since Josh will be sooo excited, but little girls are so much fun to dress up.  It doesn't matter to me which we have this go-round, but next time I will be rooting for the other.  I think I will be surprised if it's a girl, honestly.  I really thought everyone thought it was a boy, so I'm surprised with the family/friends prediction; I thought it was going to be a landslide for a little guy.

I had a dream this morning that we were having a girl.  In the dream I was standing in a long line like I was in class.  The teacher had a transparent ultrasound picture that she put on the overhead projector for the whole class to see.  She would call someone's name, put up a picture of their ultrasound picture and say if it was a boy or girl.  She kept calling my baby "Zoe" then said it was a girl.  I was really excited, yet surprised in the dream.  I remember thinking the instructor would say it was a boy.

I need to stop reading other baby blogs.  Those women never seem to gain any weight.  There are girls at 18 weeks who have gained 4 or 5 pounds total.  I don't see how.  I don't think I have really gained weight anywhere besides my belly.  My face, legs and arms look the same to me. I think the last 2 months I have averaged about a pound a week and I think that is pretty good considering McDonalds has become one of my cravings.   Maybe these women don't understand that they need to be eating more and gaining weight.  I guess I'm just jealous because it's so strange to look at the scale and see those kinds of numbers.

How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12 pounds
Maternity clothes? yes
Sleep: sleep has been awful lately. waking up at least 10 times a night and flopping around 
Best moment this week: thinking we wouldn't get another ultrasound for 2 weeks and learning we get one in a few days. hoping baby cooperates so we can see what "it" is!
Miss Anything? sleeping on my belly
Movement: kicking high on the right
Food cravings: kit kats and smoked sausage and milkshakes and mcdonalds
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope, thank goodness the first trimester is over
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender prediction: boy? i'm really bad at this "mother's intuition" thing.
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: moody, last night josh told me i just wanted to argue about everything
Looking forward to: ultrasound in less than two days!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Found your blog through Pinterest! Looks like I am due 1 wk before you! Here pie my blog if you want to be prego buddies :-)
    www.waiting4babyt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dream came true!!

    ReplyDelete