Tuesday, June 12, 2012

21 weeks 1 day

"Josh, do I always look this big?" "no" =]

I felt lazy with the chalkboard this week. At 21 weeks, Penelope is larger than a beer bottle and might weigh a pound now. She can also start to taste what I'm eating through the amniotic fluid. I can for sure feel her moving now.  She moves a lot when I first wake up, like not even out of bed yet.  Her and Josh play "hide and seek" which means she kicks, and when he trys to feel her, she stops.  Dad's here, better stop kicking mom.  Haha.  He felt her kick once, maybe. But I'm not worried because she will keep getting heavier and it will easier for him to feel her.  Oh, and I was reading about week 21 on some website and it said, "You're probably feeling a lot more comfortable now." And I'm thinking, who told you that? My back still hurts.  And since my belly is getting bigger, it's harder to bend over.  I think I'm just going to get more any more uncomfortable as Penny gets bigger.


My parents left a few days ago.  My mom was basically sewing the whole time she was here.  I don't have a sewing maching so she brought hers.  We decided to make a crib sheet first because it seemed the easiest.  Well, there was something wrong with her sewing machine and we couldn't figure it out.  It took 3 hours to make one crib sheet.  It was stressful. I was worried we wouldn't get any of the other things sewed.  Finally we figured out what setting was loopy.  Then we were good to go!  My mom made a cover for a bumper to go over my old baby bumper.
measuring fabric for bumper

Annie helping measure

With left over material from that, she made a valance for the window.  We went to WalMart and they had fabric on sale for $1.50 a yard so we made three more sheets for $4 a piece. Much cheaper than buying and more variety or colors and patterns. The last thing to do was the crib skirt.  It looked really simple, but turned out to by very time consuming and stressful.  My mom did about two rows (there will be three on each side) before giving up.  She decided to take it with her and mail it when she finishes.

oh, ruffles....

Husband's job is to spray paint the crib.  He is almost done. It will be exciting to see the crib finished with our custom bedding. 


How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12 ish pounds
Maternity clothes? yes
Sleep: still no good. i wanna sleep on my belly!
Best moment this week: making progress on nursery
Miss Anything? feeling healthy instead of fragile.
Movement: she's kicking!
Food cravings: cold reece cups
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope, thank goodness the first trimester is over
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10. you can tell in this weeks picture
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: i've been pretty happy lately.
Looking forward to: finishing the nursery

4 comments:

  1. I saw you 3 days ago, but you look so much bigger in this picture. You forgot to mention that Josh showed me how to make ruffles! I can't wait to see the nursery done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's because I just had dinner. Haha. I feel like I always look bigger in my picture than real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everything is coming along! Did you guys have a pattern to make the crib bedding? I plan on making my crib bedding for the same reason--more patterns and much cheaper :) Can't wait to see the finished product!

    http://theaustinfamilydiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went on Pinterest to find patterns. Pretty easy and it's more fun than just buying everything for the nursery.

    ReplyDelete