Wednesday, June 20, 2012

22 weeks 3 days


So I found out that I start a new week on Mondays, not Tuesdays.  But it's not that big of a deal.  I feel like this last week went realllly slow.  I had a checkup a few days ago. Penelope's heartbeat is in the 140-150 range.  We met a new midwife and intern and they were great.  At our next appointment we meet the last one.  There are 3 total and one of them is always on call, so we don't know who will deliver the baby.  Whoever is on call that night. 

So at the checkup, I was weighed and it shocked me.  I gained 10 pounds in one month!  I know my belly had grown a lot in the last month, but still... I honestly can't believe I've gained 22 pounds since I got pregnant.  I'm not gaining weight in my face at all.  If I put my arms over my head, I can still see my ribs, backbone and hip bones.  So where is all this weight going?  I know I've gained some in my legs, but not ten pounds a leg.  So I guess I need to just start being more careful if I don't want to gain a whole bunch.  I've gained about a pound a week pretty much throughout my whole pregnancy.  I've started eating grapes and bought a prenatal workout dvd.  It's a start.  Yesterday a stranger guessed that I was only 3 or 4 months along and was really surprised when I told her I was 5 1/2.  So that makes me feel better.  Just can't figure out where all this weight is hiding... I'm just worrying about getting the weight off after Penny arrives, but I heard that if you breastfeed, you loose the weight quick.

How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 22 pounds
Maternity clothes? yes
Sleep: still no good. i wanna sleep on my belly!
Best moment this week: hearing her heartbeat
Miss Anything? being skinny
Movement: she's kicking a lot!
Food cravings: italian subs
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope, thank goodness the first trimester is over
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10. you can tell in this weeks picture
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: eh, kinda moody, kinda happy
Looking forward to: finishing the nursery

2 comments:

  1. Don't get anxious over the weight...you have a baby growing inside of you!! I had 1 month like that with you----it evens out over the pregnancy. You look great and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete