Wednesday, July 18, 2012

26 weeks 3 days




This week Penelope opened her eyes!  Her vision is not so great and there probably isn't much to see anyways.  I read that she can sense my mood.  If I'm happy, then so is she but if I'm constantly stressed, then it can hurt her brain development.  They tell you that then tell you not to stress out. Psh, ok.

I had a very quick prenatal appointment yesterday.  It took us longer to drive there than the whole visit took.  I met the last midwife today.  She seemed to be in a rush so I didn't want to bother with asking her questions.  Which kind of sucks since I only go to the doctors once a month.  Anyways... I had to do some test for anemia and gestational diabetes right after.  Everyone was telling me that the drink they make you drink before they take your blood is horrible and gross. I actually really enjoyed it.  I'm wondering if they recently changed the drink.  It tasted very sugary, but I liked it. Just like fruit punch with a little too much sugar.  So I was confused the rest of the day, wondering if they got new, tastey drinks, or if no one really liked it.  So confusing to me. 

So I feel like the rest of the pregnancy is going to fly by.  I'm two weeks from my third trimester.  Josh leaves for Alaska in a few weeks.  After he gets back, we leave for Ohio for 2 weeks.  That will be a busy 2 weeks with a trip to Chicago and a baby shower in there.  After we get back, I will be busy finishing the nursery with all the baby shower stuff.  Then I have my Missouri baby shower.  And probably quit work at that point. THEN a month til Penelope is due!  Which is probably going to be hectic and a scramble to the finish.

I'm really ready for her to be on the outside.  She is kicking a whole lot.  Probably to remind me that she's actually in there and there is a reason my belly is so big.  Just makes me want to cuddle her, especially when I can feel body parts when she kicks.  And she is starting to pack a punch.  Josh can just sit and watch her move around in my belly. 

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 28 pounds. but I'm working out.  from the front, i still have an hour glass figure and from the back, josh said he would have no idea i was prego
Maternity clothes? yes
Sleep: sleeping more since josh and i are both on second shift this week.
Best moment this week: working on pom poms for the nursery. or was that last week?
Miss Anything? flat belly
Movement: lots
Food cravings: nothing this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: the smell of cigar smoke or black and milds
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: It's a girl!
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10.
Wedding rings on or off? on, but getting tight
Happy or Moody most of the time: moody/emotional
Looking forward to: getting the crib up and finishing the nursery.

1 comment: