Tuesday, July 24, 2012

27 weeks 2 days


New this week is Pubic Symphysis Diastasis.  The left side of my pelvic bone has hurt the last month or so and within the last couple of days, the right side started hurting too.  It just felt like someone kicked me and it was bruised, so for the heck of it, I googled it and it's a real pregnancy thing.  This is what I found on About.com: "This is where, usually in later pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes the pelvis, particularly at the pubic bone, to loosen. In general, this is a good thing as it makes birth easier for mom and baby. However, sometimes the separation is exaggerated and can become quite pain for the mother at the end of pregnancy or in the early postpartum period."  Then there was this picture:
Labor  - Station Pelvis 
So does that mean she flipped and her head is down?  I read that she should be working on that around this time.  Maybe since I've felt more pelvic bone pain in the last couple of days, that means her head is down.  I'm not sure. 
 
 
I had it in my mind that we were doing maternity pictures and I wanted a 3D/4D ultrasound because the ultrasound I had was at 18 weeks and my doctor/midwives won't issue anymore unless there is a problem and I was going to pay for one because I love ultrasounds and I don't think I could go 22 weeks without seeing my baby at all.  Josh doesn't really like 3D ultrasounds because it freaks him out I guess.   He also thinks maternity pictures would be silly since I already take a picture every week.  So I said since I want to do both and he wants to do none, we will do one and he can pick.  He picked 3D/4D.  I think that's what I would have picked too.  So I have to set that up and find out about the pricing.  We will do that sometime after Josh gets back from Alaska and before we go to Ohio.  I'm so excited because we will (hopefully) be able to see what she will look like!
Unofficially, he is supposed to leave right after his birthday, but still hasn't gotten dates for sure yet.  Just as long as it's not before his birthday.  But it's really sneaking up on me!  He said he would finish the crib before he leaves.  I better start nagging him about it.  My sister is flying to visit me for about 4 days while he is gone.  That will break up the weeks and hopefully make it go by faster.  And I will have someone to go to the Missouri State Fair with! So while he is gone, I want to get my pom poms hung up (if not before), get shelves up, and some wall decorations.  Like those prints I have been meaning to order...
 
 
How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 28 pounds. but I'm working out. from the front, i still have an hour glass figure and from the back, josh said he would have no idea i was prego
Maternity clothes? yes
Sleep: not bad. tired a lot.
Best moment this week: just feeling the little wiggle worm become more active
Miss Anything? flat belly, the occasional drink. now i'm the dd and that gets old.
Movement: lots
Food cravings: smoked sausage. yummy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: the smell of cigar smoke or black and milds
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: little lady
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10.
Wedding rings on or off? on, but getting tight. might have to take them off soon.
Happy or Moody most of the time: moody/emotional
Looking forward to: getting the crib up and finishing the nursery.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I have SPD too :( Not fun! If you find some relief, let me know! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking so wonderful!!!!!! X O

    ReplyDelete