Monday, August 6, 2012

29 weeks 1 day




She is about 3 pounds now.  She is moving so much.  It's kind of a weird feeling.  She's getting powerful.  I ask her sometimes, "What in the world are you doing in there?" She hangs out on the left side and likes to poke my belly button from the inside. haha.  I think it's funny since Josh always pokes my belly button too. 

I work at a golf course where I deal with mostly men all day.  Women know that you don't say to a pregnant woman, "you're so big!"  You ask them when they are due then you can silently judge them based on their size.  That is more polite. haha.  In the last week I have heard from male customers, "You look like you're about to pop!" and "You due any day now?"  and today it was "How many days do you have left?"  I said, I don't know.... 80?  and he's like, really!?  I'm just tired of people telling my how big I am.  First off, I am 7 months pregnant, so I should be big but I do not look 9 or 10 months pregnant.  Pregnancy has actually lowered my self esteem, so it doesn't help when someone, especially a stranger, tells you how big you look.   Work is stressful too and I know stress isn't good for my growing lady so I'm debating when I want to stop working to relax until she gets here.  I'm thinking mid September or beginning of October.

I'm also kind of a private person.  I know that may sound weird since I have a blog on the internet, but mostly family and friends back home read this to stay updated since we are so far away.  Anyways, I don't feel like sharing personal information with people just because I'm growing a baby.  I don't even like to answer the question, "How are you feeling?" unless my mom or husband is asking.  I guess it's just not something I feel like discussing with someone.  I'll give someone the opportunity to read about it on here, but I don't want to just talk about how huge my feet are or that my pelvic bone hurts.  Someone asked me recently if this was a planned pregnancy. I know they don't mean any harm, but half of the time I want to be like, "none of your business!"  But that all comes with being pregnant I guess.  I think what bothers me the most is that a pregnant belly is the first thing people notice about me so that's all I ever talk about to people and it gets old.  There are lots of other things going on in my life that I would like to talk about besides being pregnant.  Does that make me sound awful?

So my baby showers are getting close!  My mom mailed out my invites about a week ago and my friend just ordered the invites for my shower in Missouri.  Turns out they are both doing the "bring a book, not a card" thing, so Penelope will have a nice size library. =]  Can't wait! Can't wait!


My sister will be here in 4 days so I will have someone to keep me company and she will be helping my hang up shelves in the nursery.  I hope we do it right and don't have to have Josh fix it when he comes home.  I told her to study how to put up shelves, haha.

When Josh comes home we are getting a 3D/4D ultrasound! It's will be 14 weeks between ultrasounds and that's long enough. It will be my 4th and final ultrasound and she has changed so much at each one.  6 weeks, 12 weeks, 18 weeks and now 32 weeks. This one will probably be the biggest difference though.  Can't wait to see her again!
 

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 28 pounds. but I'm working out. from the front, i still have an hour glass figure and from the back, josh said he would have no idea i was prego
Maternity clothes? yes,, i just bought a new dress and shirt.
Sleep: i nap about almost everyday for over an hour
Best moment this week: scheduled a 3d ultrasound, so excited about that.
Miss Anything? husband =(
Movement: so much! 
Food cravings: nothing this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: the smell of cigar smoke or black and milds
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: little lady
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10.
Wedding rings on or off? on, but getting tight. might have to take them off soon.
Happy or Moody most of the time: both
Looking forward to: josh coming home then heading to ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment