Tuesday, August 28, 2012

32 weeks 2 days

 
 
8 months now!  and only 8 weeks to go.  Can't really believe that.  I just keep thinking that she can really come anytime after 37 weeks. So that would mean only 5 weeks.  I'm kinda freaking out that she will be here so soon.  Josh is totally not worried.  I've asked him if he is nervous or worried and he's just like, nope.  I'm like, but our life is about to completely change and we don't really know what to expect! He's fine with it.  At least one of us is.  Can't have us both freaking out. 
 
Now I have labor on my mind.  Things to pack in a hospital bag and having a natural birth.  I don't want any pain medication.  I say that now but I've never experienced anything close to labor before so I guess I'm still open to the idea.  I just don't like that I won't be able to stand up afterwards and some women have bad side-effects from it.  I'm really going to try not to take anything though.
 
Josh put up one shelf last night and has one more to put up tonight.  Have to put handles on the dresser still.  But other than that... the nursery is pretty much ready.  Have to bring Josh's rocking chair back from Ohio and just have to fill it with baby shower things.  Did I mention that Josh is having a Diapers and Beer party while I have my baby shower?  Jut hoping that everyone doesn't get us newborn diapers because we have already stocked up on those and I know they grow out of them quickly.  But I'm still excited.  Other things on my before baby check list are: Make appt with WIC and see about getting a chair reupholstered.  And clean the stroller that someone gave us.
 
Two weeks ago I had a doctors appt and was kind of scolded for my weight gain.  I blame it on Josh being gone so I didn't cook as much.  Still doing the workouts though.  But at my doctors appt yesterday, she said I only gained 4 oz!  I was really excited about that because I was feeling really down after the last appt.  I did change my eating habits so I thought if I went and still gained a lot of weight, I was basically just going to give up because I tried and it didn't help.  But it did.  I'm honestly not too worried about weight gain.  I mean, a little; I don't want to look like a cow.  But I think it will be a lot easier to get rid of the weight after baby than while I'm pregnant. 
 
So we leave for Ohio in a day and a half!  Haven't been home since Thanksgiving.  Not looking forward to the 11 hour drive though.  I hope Josh doesn't get too annoyed when I ask to stop constantly to use the restroom and stretch.  We are also going to Chicago in 10 days for our first Bruce Sprinsteen concert!  We have been wanting to see him for at least 3 years but haven't been able to since we were overseas and he didn't tour last year.   My mom has a large chalkboard in her basement so I will still be updating each week while we're home!
 
How far along? 32 weeks
Maternity clothes? that's all I wear
Sleep: surprisingly well
Best moment this week: finding out that i didn't gain anything in 2 weeks and i got a 95% in my business law class, that i hated.
Miss Anything? tanning
Movement: so much!
Food cravings: cookies!
Anything making you queasy or sick: the smell of cigar smoke or black and milds
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: lady
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out, since like, week 10.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: stressed. not sure if i'm ready for her yet
Looking forward to: babyshower on saturday!

3 comments:

  1. you are so beautiful!! I am getting soooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fab! Congrats on the 95% in your class! That's great! Have a blast at your shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Wasn't your brother born on or around an AF base?
    You look great! Don't worry too much about standing immediately after the baby is born. It won't be the first thing on your mind. It will probably be sleep :)

    ReplyDelete