Tuesday, April 10, 2012

12 weeks 1 day

12 weeks! Hooray! End of first trimester! I feel like 12 weeks is such a milestone and glad to have reached it.   During the 12th week of pregnancy baby is practicing swallowing.  Chin and nose are becoming more defined and baby is the length of my pinky finger! About 2.5 inches long. It is crazy to think that 3 weeks ago baby was only the size of a green olive and is now the size of a plum.  Growing so fast! I feel like belly hasn't grown much bigger but an olive and plum is a pretty big size difference.


(((Ok, so I wrote this entire blog before I took this picture and now I notice the belly.  I saw the picture and was like, am I really that big? But I can still suck in my belly all the way))) 


In other news, Easter was this past Sunday.  We finally checked out the little Methodist church in town that we've been putting off.  My dad has been here visiting since last week and is going to leave this weekend.  Tomorrow I'm going to Columbia at the University of Missouri (90 miles away) for my "first trimester early screening." I mentioned this before that they are checking for genetic issues. Which basically means they are going to say "Your baby has a 1 in 2,500 chance of being born with....." I guess they are just going to give me a bunch of numbers like that for different disorders. I'm just excited to get an ultrasound and see baby again.  And there is a 75% chance they will be able to predict the gender!  I'm going to post later in the week with the ultrasound pictures!

Easter Sunday

How far along? 12 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: i really dont know, i dont have a scale
Maternity clothes? i need some maternity pants
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: i have been sleeping well at night since i'm so tired all day
Best moment this week: hitting the 12 week mark!
Miss Anything? the occasional beer
Movement: none
Food cravings: can't think of any this week...
Anything making you queasy or sick: taking pills makes me gag, then throw up
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender prediction: boy?
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out when i'm standing, in when i'm sitting 
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy
Looking forward to: ultrasound tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment