Tuesday, April 24, 2012

14 weeks 1 day



Had my monthly prenatal appointment today with my midwife.  It only lasted 10 minutes. Enough for me to hear baby's heartbeat, learn I'm not supposed to sleep flat on my back or flat on my stomach and that they don't do gender ultrasounds until 20 weeks =( I could pay to get a 3D ultrasound in Kansas City.  Then I could find out at 16 or 17 weeks but hubby isn't as anxious as I am to find out and doesn't want to pay out of pocket.

I was also asked if I want to do another genetics screening.  The first one I found out today was all good.  This one would be just taking blood to look for down syndrome and spina bifida.  I just did the first one for the ultrasound, honestly.  I don't think I'm going to do this one.  If anything came back positive I would just be a mess for the rest of my pregnancy and there's nothing they can do to change it.  They do it between 15-20 weeks.  I already said yes, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to call back and tell them no.

Also learned that our home renevation will not begin for a long time so I will have the baby while we are still in this house.  We live in a two bedroom and even if we have a baby, we do not qualify for a bigger house.  We would have to pay $500 for a relocation fee to change houses.  This is just what I heard from someone, I haven't gone to the housing office.  It just kinda sucks because I know so many kid-free couples in 3 bedrooms.  Josh doesn't really want to move anyways so I guess we are just going to have to make due in this house.  The spare room will be turned into a nursery. We have a whole bedroom set in there and no where to put it now. I guess I could put it in the garage, but it would take a lot of rearranging in there too.  Kind of stressing over that stuff. Didn't think I would be still living in this house when we had the baby.

I think I finally have an idea for the nursery!  Yellow with pink or yellow with blue.  All the walls will be yellow but one will be both in a zig zag like the picture below.  It seems hard and time consuming so I might change my mind later if I get lazy. Haha.


I was not planning on buying actually furniture yet, but there was a white Jenny Lind changing table for sale across the street at a garage sale for $15!  So I ran over there and grabbed it.  I was planning on having a Jenny Lind crib anyways so I was really excited that I got a deal on this.  My mom also sent me a diaper bag that came with new luggage she bought. Well it was more like a carry on bag I guess but it's perfect for a diaper bag and really cute.  Josh doesn't like it; he said it's something Kim Kardashian probably owns.  But I don't see why diaper bags have to look so baby-ish when it's basically just like a big purse you have to carry filled with baby things.  The picture makes it look smaller than it is.

 



So every week I read Josh a description of the new week for baby before we go to bed.  Last night it said that baby is getting a hair all over it's body (lanugo) to keep it warm but it usally goes away before birth.  Some babies that are born early still have their furry coat.  I was thinking, hmmm... a furry baby... Josh said, "that sounds adorable."  So that make me smile and laugh. 

Ok that's enough! I've got to get to bed!


How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 8 pounds gained
Maternity clothes? yep
Stretch marks? none
Sleep: still having trouble staying comfortable
Best moment this week: hearing the heartbeat
Miss Anything? pants that fit
Movement: none
Food cravings: watermelon
Anything making you queasy or sick: no lately =]
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender prediction: i dont even know anymore...
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: mostly happy with a little moody
Looking forward to: 6 weeks when we find out the gender!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the genetics screening. Exactly how I feel about it. Love the fact that the baby is the size of your heart! Can't wait to see you in person! (remember "you" is also plural!!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete