Tuesday, April 17, 2012

13 weeks 1 day


Week 13!  This week baby is longer than my middle finger and is developing vocal chords! He/she may also begin to start sucking their thumb.  As for me, this week has been no good.  I called in sick to work this weekend and I never call in sick.  I have been very nauseas, usually around dinner time.  A few nights ago, I was really thirsty before bed.  I drank probably a glass of water within 20 minutes.  My belly felt so sloshy and threw it all up.  I thought that was kind of strange.  I feel like anytime I read a pregnany book it says something like, new symptoms to expect this week... and I've already been dealing with that for weeks.  I wish I could have an "easy" pregnancy like so many others.

I cannot wait for my maternity clothes to get here in the mail!!! I hate putting on jeans that hardly fit.  I've tried the 'ol hair tie around the button trick to hold your pants closed but I don't see how people do that.  You need to be wearing a long shirt because your underwear will be showing in the front and since your pants aren't really buttoned, they are loose which means your butt is going to hang out when you sit down or bend over.  No thank you.  I ordered 2 pairs of maternity jeans and a pair of leggings.  My mom is mailing me I think 2 maternity jeans she found and khakis that I can wear to work.  I'm just really eager to wear comfortable clothes.

Now sleeping... oh boy.  I'm a belly sleeper and having a hard time getting comfy sleeping on my side.  I thought I read something that said not to sleep on your back because there is a major artery in your back and you can cut off blood supply to the baby.  Don't quote me on that!  I'm going to double check with my midwife at my next appointment. So anyways, I have a hard time sleeping and my lower back really hurts.  I bought a cheap body pillow yesterday and it has helped me get into the habit of sleeping on my side.  But I really hope my midwife says it's on to sleep on my back.

I found these cute dinosaur onesies and almost didn't buy them because I don't know if I'm having a boy or girl.  But I decided if I have a daughter, she will wear it.  My dad actually bought it for me because I couldn't make a decision to get it or not. The first one says, "Mommy's little Dino." The second is all stripes.  They are so cute!





How far along? 13 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I know between my 10 week appt and 12 weeks, I gained 2 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yes please!
Sleep: ugh....
Best moment this week: getting maternity shirts in the mail from my mother
Miss Anything? having a flat stomach
Movement: none
Food cravings: none
Anything making you queasy or sick: taking pills and brushing my teeth
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender prediction: boy?
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: so moody and irritated this week
Looking forward to: next appt on the 24th

1 comment: